Do you manage a website? You must know that it is inevitable that an error message will appear at the end of your web page. This error may be a harbinger of serious problems with the operation of the website, the server or simply the effect of unchecked internet browser cache.
In the article below you will find information on the four most common mistakes you can encounter. Errors 500, 502, 504 & 508 – What causes them aAnd how to fix Them?
Each type of error has its own code or name. If you try to access a non-existent web page, you will receive a 404 error notification.
Information on the type of error will be useful both to the administrator of the website, but also to the user who tries to find a problem on the side of his browser and computer. Sometimes the error may indicate the need to clear the cache or check access to the Internet.
HTTP status codes are three-digit codes and are grouped into five different classes. The status code class can be quickly identified using the first digit:
- 1xx: informative
- 2xx: Success
- 3xx: Redirection
- 4xx: Client error
- 5xx: Server error
The most common types of errors you encounter when browsing websites are customer and server errors, which is why we pay more attention to them:
- HTTP 401 error, Unauthorized, access to resources. This error occurs when you try to go to the part of the site that you have not been authorized to access. The error will not appear immediately, for example after an unsuccessful login attempt.
- HTTP 400 error, Bad Request, this message comes directly from the web page server, informs you that your web browser got incorrect access to resources or the connection was damaged. Often the reason for the state of affairs is the incorrect syntax of the query.
- HTTP 404 error, Bad request, occurs most often when trying to access resources that do not exist, for example to a website that has changed the address or has been removed. The cause of the error can also be an incorrect or corrupted link, moving the website from the place to the new location.To avoid 404 errors, it is recommended to using Redirection tools, eg in the popular CMS WordPress, which allow you to quickly set redirection from one address to another
- HTTP 403 error (forbidden). Compared to error 401 to which error 403 is very similar, you will receive this message when, for example, you try to access the directory of the web page to which access was forbidden.
- 500 error: Internal Server Error: Error 500 is a message that indicates that the web page server has encountered some error and can not display the web page. The source of the problem may depend on our website settings, configuration files. The server, unable to correctly enter data, returns an error. Error 500 is not an error addressed to the user, but to the administrator / owner of the website that something is happening with his service or website. One of the most frequently appearing solutions (apart from a detailed plan what to analyze in the configuration of a web page) is to clear the cache memory of the browser we use.
- 502 error: Bad Gateway: Error 502 Bad Gateway occurs while trying to visit a website, but one web server receives an incorrect response from another web server. It is possible that the server is overloaded or there are network problems between the two servers, and this is just a temporary problem It is also possible that there is an incorrectly configured firewall and even a coding error, and the problem will not be fixed until these problems are resolved.
- 504 error: Server is unavailable: When a 504 gateway timeout error occurs, the message “Gateway timeout 504” or “HTTP 504 error” will be displayed. When you lose your connection to the site or you can not connect to it, you’ll get “504” error. This means that the site server has received the request, but for some reason it can not respond because the processing took too long and the timeout has passed.
Gmail z domeną Twojej firmy? To możliwe!
G Suite to m.in. poczta Gmail, której możesz używać z domeną swojej firmy. Zyskasz także pakiet praktycznych aplikacji Google. Pracuj zdalnie z każdego miejsca.
Odbierz 25 zł do wydania na empik.com
Polecaj usługi home.pl i zdobywaj za każde polecenie kupon o wartości 25zł do wydania na empik.com