SQL databases are used for optimal data storage, which is required for the proper functioning of a dynamic website (for example CMS). They use all the most popular applications – WordPress, Joomla! and online stores. At home.pl, you can connect to a database with any application.
How to create a new MySQL database?
- Log in to the home.pl Control Panel. Check how to log in to the Control Panel.
- Go to the section: Usługi WWW (WWW services), which is located on the left side of the screen.
- Click the name of the server.
- Find the section named: Databases (Bazy danych) (at the bottom of the screen displayed) and click: Create (Utwórz) to create a new database on the selected server.
- On the screen you will see the form for creating a new database:
- Database type (Typ bazy danych) – select the database type: MySQL or PgSQL.
- Database name (Nazwa bazy) – the name entered will be used in the full name of the database (for example: 00000574_name).
- Database password (Hasło bazy danych) – enter the database password. IMPORTANT! When defining the password, do not enter Polish diacritics (eg ą, ś, ć, ń, etc.).
- Optional comment (Opcjonalny komentarz) – you can enter a comment here that will help you identify this database in the future.
- Click: Send (Wyślij) at the bottom of the screen to create the database. After clicking the Send button, the database will be created and you will be redirected to the list of created databases on the selected server.
Additional information on database support at home.pl
When installing content management systems (CMS) or other applications, complete the database data:
- Database server address: localhost or server123456.home.pl (where “server123456” is the name of the server at home.pl)
Remember that the name of the database user is the same as the name of the created database.