Before assigning an external domain (delegated to DNS home.pl servers) to the server or hosting, the domain should be added to the home.pl Customer Panel. If the domain and hosting service are registered on the same customer account, you can proceed to their configuration.
How to add domains to your hosting plan?
- Log in to the home.pl Customer Panel. Check how to log in to the Customer Panel.
- Go to the section: WWW services (Usługi WWW), which is located on the left side of the screen.
- Click the name of the server.
- In the Assigned domains (Przypisane domeny) module, click Assign (Przypisz).
- On the screen, you’ll see the domain assignment form. Select the domain (Wybierz domenę) that you want to assign to this server.
- Optional: In the section: Domain redirection (Przekierowanie domeny), you can choose the type of domain redirection:
- Disabled (Wyłączone) – no redirection.
- URL – if you want to create a CNAME record and direct all traffic in the domain to the given host address. You can also point to an existing web page on the Internet.
- Subdirectory with website separation (podkatalog z separacją serwisu) – select this option if you have many websites. This will isolate the domain from the others (this function is called “chroot”).
- Subdirectory without website separation (podkatalog bez separacji serwisu) – select this option if you have shared files for multiple domains.
- 301 on an external domain (301 na zewnętrzną domenę) – 301 redirect is a way to redirect a user from one URL to another.
- Record A (Rekord A) – if you want to direct all domain traffic to external operator’s servers enter the server’s IP address. Select this option when you want to use at home.pl only from e-mail and have a parked domain on the server, and other services such as a web page to be served by external operator’s servers.
- Optional: When assigning a domain to hosting, you can select the option: Create a Wildcard CNAME record (Utwórz rekord CNAME typu Wildcard). This will create a CNAME record in the form: * .domain.pl, which will include responsible for redirecting traffic from non-existent subdomains to the main domain.
- After clicking the button: Send (Wyślij), the domain settings will be saved. Wait a few minutes to refresh the settings. After refreshing the settings, the domain will be assigned to the server.