When you have a server, you can place files on them using an FTP connection. You will need FTP access data for this.
You can get FTP access using:
- WebFTP or a program for servicing an FTP server available in the Control Panel,
- FTP connections in the FTP client by logging in with the main account name and password,
- FTP connections in the FTP client by logging in with the name of the additional user and his password.
Creating an additional FTP server user allows you to have better control over the resources of the service. You can restrict the user’s access to the entire FTP server, to the selected folder or to the backup folder. Thanks to this configuration, the FTP user will not have access to sensitive data. This is a secure configuration for your server.
How to create an new FTP user?
- Log in to the home.pl Control Panel. Check how to log in to the Control Panel.
- Go to the section: Usługi WWW (WWW services), which is located on the left side of the screen.
- Click the name of the server on which you want to make changes.
- In the section Konta FTP/FTP accounts you will find, among others server / host address necessary to configure the FTP connection in the program. Use the Utwórz/Create button to add a new user.
- Fill out the form for creating a new FTP account:
- Login – enter the username you will use when connecting to FTP.
- Domain – you can choose a domain for the FTP account. Select a domain to make the login look like: email@example.com. Leave the option Wszystkie domeny/All domains so that the login looks like: user_name
- Password – enter the password to access the FTP account that you will use during the call.
- Then in the section: Uprawnienia FTP/FTP permissions, you can specify the scope of access for the FTP account being created:
- Cała zawartość serwera WWW/All content of the WWW server – FTP account can gain the functionality of access to all resources (files) published on the server. In this way, the company designing the website will be able to make changes on the files without the need to know the password for the home.pl Customer Panel. This configuration will allow you to connect to the entire content of the FTP server. The user connected to the server will see the contents of the root directory and all subdirectories that are on your server.
- Wybrany katalog/Selected directory – check if you want to allow access to the FTP server, but only to the selected directory and its subdirectories. After selecting the option: “Selected catalog”, in the text box next to it, enter the name of the directory to which the FTP account will have access, for example: /website
- Kopia bezpieczeństwa/ Backup copy – if you have selected the option to access the entire content of the website, you can enable this option to also allow access to the backup that is on the FTP server. Such consent will be synonymous with the fact that the FTP account will have access to the backup copy directory and the /logs directory containing the server logs.
- After filling in all the necessary fields, click: Wyślij/Send at the bottom of the screen to create a new FTP account on the selected hosting (server).