When you have a server, you can place files on them using an FTP connection. You will need FTP access data for this.
You can get FTP access using:
- WebFTP or a program for servicing an FTP server available in the Control Panel,
- FTP connections in the FTP client by logging in with the main account name and password,
- FTP connections in the FTP client by logging in with the name of the additional user and his password.
Where can I find login, host and password to access FTP?
- Log in to the home.pl Control Panel. Check how to log in to the Control Panel.
- Go to the section: Usługi WWW (WWW services), which is located on the left side of the screen.
- Click the name of the server on which you want to make changes.
- In the Konta FTP/FTP Accounts section you will find information about the FTP server’s address (Host FTP), its host, as well as the username / login of FTP access (Główny login FTP). The above data is the access data of the main FTP user.
- At this point you will not find information about the password. In the Serwer WWW/Web server section, go to Ustawienia > Hasło dostępu/Settings > Access password and assign a new server password.
For security reasons, the password is recovered or changed only by setting a new password. Changing the password here does not change the access password to the Control Panel. Only FTP.
- Authorization. Login (adres e-mail administratora/hasło administratora) Enter the login and password of the account administrator (the same data you used to log in to the Control Panel). In the Nowe hasło serwera/New server password field, enter a new password to access the FTP server. Save Changes.
- You have access to the FTP server using the main server account.
In the server configuration window, in the FTP accounts section you can:
- start WebFTP and go to file management on the FTP server. Click Opcje > WebFTP. Read more about WebFTP access.
- manage and add additional users with FTP access. Click Utwórz oraz Wszystkie. Read more about new FTP user.