FTP means File Transfer Protocol. If you use a DFTP connection, it means that you use the method of uploading files: downloading, uploading to the server and managing files already placed on the server. For an FTP connection, you can use an FTP client, a program available in the Home.pl Control Panel, any FTP application installed on your computer and a mobile device, as well as a Windows explorer.
When you have a server, you can place files on them using an FTP connection. You will need FTP access data for this. You can get FTP access using:
- WebFTP or a program for servicing an FTP server available in the Control Panel,
- FTP connections in the FTP client by logging in with the main account name and password,
- FTP connections in the FTP client by logging in with the name of the additional user and his password.
How to set up FTP client: FileZilla
FileZilla FTP client is one of the most popular FTP applications. After starting the program, you can immediately enter the data necessary to connect to FTP. Enter:
- Host address, or the address of your server. Read more about server address.
- Username or login to the FTP server. Here you can enter the main access data or the name of one of the users.
- Password is the password to access the FTP account
- set default to port 21.
Click Quickconnect to start use FTP.
Do not know where to download all the above information about your FTP account? Use a dedicated article in the Help Center. Read, where can I find login and password to access FTP?