How can I manually restore a backup?
- Log in to the home.pl Control Panel. Check how to log in to the Control Panel. How to turn on customer panel in English?
- Go to the section: Usługi WWW (WWW services), which is located on the left side of the screen.
- Click the name of the server that you want to connect to via WebFTP.
- In the FTP Account (Konta FTP) module, click Options> WebFTP (Opcje > WebFTP)
- Go to the /backup directory.
- The catalog includes access to a backup copy of FTP server files, databases and server logs. The backup stores the server status from the last three days or the last available backup for deleted files.
- In the /web directory you will find files from the FTP server, for example: files and folders with files from your web page. In the /mysql folder you will find the database backup files, for example: MySQL.
- Go to the files you are interested in. Select them with checbox and then use the selected options:
- Copy to copy selected files and folders and paste them in the new location
- Move to change the backup location to a new one, e.g. move to the /public_html folder
- Pack to .ZIP to compress files and folders into one archive, download and then unpack in a new location.
- Download as .ZIP to download the selected files and folders to your computer drive.
Restoring a backup of files consists in replacing the files visible in the web page directory in / public_html into files that are in the / backup folder. Restoring the database involves downloading from the FTP server a database file, and then using the panel, for example: phpMyAdmin for the MySQL database, you must perform a database import. If you do not know how to do the above steps, see our support. We will restore a backup of your data for you. Any questions? 24h/7/365 technical support. We are talking in English.
You can also access the /backup directory using SSH (selected hosting services) and FTP client configuration. Read more about how to get FTP access data for an FTP client.